So you’ve picked up SEO 2016 and decided to learn search engine optimization. Congratulations.
SEO marketing has changed my life and it can change yours. Over 10-years ago, I achieved my first number one ranking in Google for my family’s accounting business. The phone started ringing with new customers every day. I was hooked.
Since then, I have used search engine optimization to grow small family-owned businesses, sex toy stores, large international fashion brands, and hotel chains. One thing never ceases to amaze me—the power of SEO as an Internet marketing tool for growing any business. I have grown small businesses into giant companies in just one or two years—simply from working the client’s site up to the top position in Google. Unfortunately, learning how to use SEO is difficult, if not impossible, for most business owners, Internet marketers and even tech-heads. I have a theory on why this is so…
Sifting through the amount of information flooding the Internet about SEO is overwhelming. In many cases, the advice published is outdated or misleading. And the constant updates by Google make it hard for SEO beginners and gurus alike to keep up with what works. SEO can be simple and used by absolutely anyone to rank at the top of Google, grow their business and make money online.
It’s a matter of having up-to-date information on how Google works, using effective techniques and taking action. Whether you’re a complete SEO newbie or well-versed Internet marketing veteran, SEO 2016 covers these areas and makes it as simple as possible to achieve rankings, traffic and sales.
Contents of this book:
1. Introduction to how Google works.
– Old-school methods that no longer work.
– Recent Google updates and how to survive them.
– Authority, Trust & Relevance. The three powerful SEO strategies explained.
– How Google ranks sites now—Google’s top-10 ranking factors revealed.
– How to stay ahead of Google’s updates.
2. Keyword research. The most important step of SEO.
– Why is keyword research so important?
– What exactly is a keyword?
– How to generate a massive list of keywords.
– How to find keywords that will send traffic to your site.
– How to find keywords for easy rankings.
3. On page SEO. How to let Google know what your page is about.
– How to structure your site for easy and automatic SEO.
– How to make Google pick up the keywords you want.
– How to get more people clicking on your rankings in Google.
– Site load speed—Google magic dust.
– The usual suspects—sitemaps.xml and robots.txt.
– Duplicate content—canonical tags and other fun.
– Usability—the new SEO explained.
– Readability—SEO for the future.
– How to accelerate traffic and rankings with fresh content.
4. Link building. How to rank extremely high on Google.
– Why is link building so important?
– The dirty little secret no one wants to tell you about link building.
– How to acquire links and what to avoid in link building.
– Anchor text. What’s all the fuss?
– Simple link building strategies.
– Advanced link building strategies.
5. Social media & SEO.
– Is social media so important for SEO?
– Google+ & SEO.
– Facebook & SEO.
– Twitter & SEO.
– Other social networks.
– Social media analytics.
6. Web analytics in a nutshell. How to measure your success.
– Why use Google Analytics?
– How to use Google Analytics.
– Organic Search report.
– Common web analytics terms explained.
– Other web analytics tools.
7. Troubleshooting common SEO problems & how to fix them.
– What to do when your site is not listed in Google at all.
– What to do when your business is not ranking for your own business name.
– What to do when your rankings have dropped off.
– What to do when your site has been penalized by the Penguin update.
– How to seek professional help for free.
8. Local SEO. SEO for local businesses.
– Why use local SEO?
– How to rank high with local SEO.
– Local search ranking factors.
– Getting started with local SEO.
– Building citations.
– Building reviews.
9. The new meta: Microformats, Microdata, schema.org & Facebook Open Graph.
– Microformats, RDFa, microdata & schema.org. Where to start?
– Schema.org & how to use it.
– hCards & how to use it.
10. Powerful SEO tools.
Bonus Chapter 1: Everything you need to know about Penguin 2.0 & Hummingbird.
– Why you should keep a cool head about Penguin 2.0.
– What does Penguin 2.0 target?
– What to do about Penguin 2.0
– Further Penguin 2.0 resources.
– What you need to know about Hummingbird.
Bonus Chapter 2: Google’s 2014 & 2015 algorithm updates.
– Panda 4.0 update.
– Authorship Photo Drop update.
– Pigeon update.
– HTTPS/SSL update.
– Panda 4.1 refresh.
– Penguin 3.0 update.
– Doorway Pages update.
– Mobile SEO update.
– Phantom II/Quality update.
– Panda 4.2 refresh.
– Stay ahead of the 2015 & 2016 updates.
– 2016 updates—what’s on the horizon and what to avoid.
Bonus Chapter 3: The quick and dirty guide to pay-per-click advertising with Google AdWords.
– Why bother with pay-per-click marketing?
– Which is the best PPC provider to start with?
– Ensuring success with research and a plan.
– How to choose the right kind of keywords.
– How much to pay for keywords.
– AdWords settings for getting started.
– Optimization tips for tweaking your campaign for better profit.